Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I used 8 1/2 by 11 purple card stock cut in half and then folded to create a side fold 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card. I then took a 3 inch oval punch and centered it at the top of card and punched hole. I cut a scallop oval at 3 1/2 with my cricut and then punched it with the same oval punch I used on the card for the layered darker purple I used as a frame around the opening. I used a white gel pen and outlined the scalloped oval inside and out and put a white dot on every scallop all the way around. I then stamped the sentiment inside the window opening. I stamped a lacy boarder I have onto the same dark purple card stock and embossed with white embossing powder and cut around it and set it aside. I cut a piece of printed paper that matched the purple card stock and attached it to the bottom of the card. I then punched out 2 butterflies to layer on top of each other and attached to the lower right side and attached small rhinestones to the center of the butterfly. I attached the embossed lace to the card where the printed paper and card stock met and cut 2 triangles and attached to the 2 top corners of the card that I  outlined in white too.This was a very quick card to make. About 15 minutes in all.I have a couple more cards that I made with the same paper as I try to use as much as I can so I am more cost effective when possible. I will be posting them soon. If you look at the card at the top of the blog you will see it is the same paper as well yet it is such a different look.  Always take time to enjoy yourself and have fun. remember there are never mistakes just new ideas. I made 5 cards in all with 4 sheets of paper and I still have enough to make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment